Choosing to see an endodontist for a root canal treatment is an excellent decision for your dental health. Endodontists are the only dental specialty that focuses on treating dental pain, root canal therapy, traumatic injury, and other conditions that affect the inside of the tooth, so you can be assured exceptional care. Here’s how to find the best endodontist near you.
Endodontists must meet the highest standards and pass rigorous examinations demonstrating their expertise in their field. Some endodontists take an additional examination in order to become board-certified by the American Board of Endodontics. Dr. Matthew Lindemann is a board-certified endodontist, an honor that signifies that he has reached the highest level of education in this speciality. Only the most distinguished endodontists in the United States receive the honor of being named a Diplomate of the American Board of Endodontics.
As with any other profession, memberships in professional organizations allow endodontists to stay current with state-of-the-art technologies, new research, and cutting-edge techniques in their field. These memberships demonstrate that an endodontist is committed to furthering their knowledge by pursuing opportunities for continuing education.
Dr. Matthew Lindemann is proud to be an active member of the Michigan Dental Association, the Michigan Association of Endodontists, and the American Association of Endodontists. He is also a member of the distinguished American College of Dentists, International College of Dentists, and the Pierre Fauchard Academy. He is the past president of the Michigan Association of Endodontists and is currently an active board member of the MAE.
Awards and Achievements
Another way to find the best endodontist near you is to look at their awards, honors, and achievements. Dr. Matthew Lindemann has a distinguished career and has been recognized for his skill and expertise in endodontics.
Dr. Matthew Lindemann:
- Received his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree with honors from the University of Michigan
- Was a primary researcher and author on fiber post removal techniques, oral sedation, and local anesthesia
- Received the Student Achievement Award in Endodontics
- Served on Michigan’s State Board of Dentistry’s Licensing Committee as an examiner
- Inducted into the honorary societies of the International College of Dentists, American College of Dentists, and the Pierre Fauchard Academy
- Past president of the Michigan Association of Endodontics and Endodontic Chairman of the Council of Michigan Dental Specialties
- Endodontic Peer Review Chairman for the State of Michigan
These achievements demonstrate the depth of Dr. Lindemann’s knowledge and how highly he is regarded by his peers in the field.
The best endodontists utilize state-of-the-art technology to make treatments more comfortable, predictable, and effective. At Lindemann Root Canal Specialists, we use surgical microscopes, Morita Root ZX Apex Locators, digital intraoral cameras, digital radiography, and Cone Beam scanner. Although some general dentists may perform root canal therapy, very few have access to some of these tools, which improve both diagnosis and treatment outcomes.