This is not an easy question to answer. There is no set dollar amount that applies to root canal procedures across providers. Many different factors affect the cost of root canals and other dental care services.
Concerned about the cost of the root canal procedure you need? Call (810) 732-7900 to speak with Lindemann Root Canal Specialists about options to make it more affordable.
What Factors Affect the Cost of a Root Canal?
- Your dentist/specialist. Dental offices establish their own price ranges for procedures that may differ from one practice to another. You can compare the pre-insurance cost of procedures between the dental offices you are considering to get an idea of the typical costs.
- Your insurance. If you have dental insurance, depending on the details of your plan, a portion of the cost of a root canal may be covered. The cost will usually be lower if you choose a dentist that is in network with your insurance provider. Sometimes procedures are discounted for patients with certain insurance companies.
- Where you live. The cost of dental care is partly determined by the cost of living in the area where you live. Not all cities and states across the US will charge the same rates for procedures; there will be some variation.
- The severity of your condition. For minor root canal procedures the cost will be lower than with major root canal procedures. The length of time the procedure will take will vary based on the severity as well, which affects the cost.
- The location of the affected tooth. A root canal on a front tooth will generally cost less than the same procedure on a molar in the back of your mouth. Molars are more difficult to access, which means the procedure will generally take longer and require more complex methods.
- Anesthesia and medication used. A root canal procedure can be performed with just a local anesthetic. However, some patients may choose to be put under general anesthesia if they are anxious about the procedure, which will increase the cost. Additional medication that is required during and after the procedure will also add to the total cost.
A General Range of Root Canal Costs
With so many factors that affect the cost, there is a broad range of pricing for root canal procedures. Generally, you can expect the range to be something like this:
- Front Teeth: $300-$1500
- Bicuspid: $400-$1800
- Molar: $500-$2000
A root canal procedure involves accessing the root of a tooth, cleaning out the pulp inside which is often infected, and replacing the pulp with a composite solution that will prevent further infection. This is why the location of the tooth makes a difference in the cost of a root canal procedure.
Financing Options for Dental Procedures
If you find that the cost of your root canal procedure is beyond what you can afford, there are financing options that can help spread the cost out over time to make it easier to pay. One such option is CareCreditⓇ, a credit card that is designed to cover medical-related costs. When you first apply for a card you can finance a lump sum at a 0% interest rate for a particular period of time. If you pay off your balance within the promotional period, you can avoid paying any interest.
Need a Root Canal Procedure?
If your dentist has recommended a root canal procedure, come to Lindemann Root Canal Specialists. We specialize in endodontic dentistry with the goal of preserving your teeth from the root up. If you want to keep the teeth you have in place, you need the care of an experienced endodontist.
Call (810) 732-7900 today schedule a consultation with Lindemann Root Canal Specialists. We strive to make root canal procedures affordable for patients so that you can get the care you need regardless of your budget.